Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Finally, something to brag about.

I have attempted knitting a few times over the past few years, but this summer I finally gave in, took a class and gave it my all. Since then, I have attended a weekly knitting social, taken another class, completed three full projects, and am currently working on three more. My first two projects were fairly simple... a scarf

and a baby hat


But a couple of months ago I ventured into a world of color and texture and began working on a fabulous Christmas stocking and tonight I am proud to say that it is just about complete! I still need to do the i-cord (which will make the hanger) and maybe add some embellishments. But this stocking is so pretty and so so soft that I couldn't wait to show it off. It is made with a yarn that is made of cotton and angora and it is just the yummiest feeling thing ever. I wish the internet could do it justice. This one is for little Riley and when I have the time I plan to do one for Chris and me as well. I'll keep you updated on the progress but in the meantime enjoy the picture of this one!

No comments: