Wednesday, October 26, 2005

All dressed up and nowhere to go

8 months preggers and loving it... well, sometimes :). I was so excited the day this picture was taken because we were off to see the Ellen Degeneres show in person. I had so many fantasies of me and Ellen chatting about my baby and the rollercoaster ride that is pregnancy. I was sure that she would pick me to dance with and sit up on stage because who can resist a tiny girl with a giant belly getting jiggy to 50 cent? I was sure I would be a hit. I should have known better. Chris and Rachel took the day off and Tracy and I dolled ourselves up and we all headed up to LA to hang with Ellen. After a somewhat stressful car ride (made more stressful by Chris's driving misery) we finally arrived at the studio 40 minutes early and filled with verve only to discover that the line was REALLY long. As we were walking over someone asked us if we were there for the 4:30 show and then laughed when we said yes... as her ridiculously long line was for the 6:30 show. Keep in mind this was all at 1:20. Our directions said that no one would be accomodated before 2pm so we had no idea that people with tickets (just like us) had gotten there at 9am! But we were not yet shaken. We walked to the end of the 4:30 line and awaited our number confident that our eagerness and my belly would keep us out of the Riff Raff room. No such luck. It would be Riff Raff for us, but only after waiting in line in the 103 degree heat for another two to three hours. Then once in the Riff Raff room all we would get was a sofa and a plasma screen t.v. on which we'd be able to watch the show (and not be able to get any of the free gifts!). The staff tried to convince us that we'd still be a part of the show but we weren't having it. The consensus of our little group was to beat rush hour traffic and drive back to the O.C. Besides who needs Ellen when we live our own litte soap opera in Ladera Ranch (AKA - Wisteria Lane). Well, I dug in my heels in protest explaining that this is the second time since getting pregnant that I'd actually pulled out my hair straightener and applied makeup with any kind of care and that, dammit, I was going to be seen! Once again, I lost the battle. The gang trumped me with a democratic vote of 3 to 1 and off we were headed to hide behind the Orange Curtain. Chris decided that he was boycotting Ellen from then on while Tracy, Rachel, and I went home to sign up for more tickets (because we can't wait to get in line at the crack of dawn and go through it all again).

1 comment:

shizzknits said...

ooooo Love that dress you're wearing. Very pretty. Ellen can go screw herself LOL